Monday, November 10, 2008

awaken to the mystery

This blessing, "For Presence," by John O'Donohue was offered by Maggie Yowell at the beginning of the SoulCollage workshop I attended on Saturday. The theme of the day was All Souls and All Saints: Honoring our Ancestors. The image is one of the collages that I created during this sacred and holy time.

Awaken to the mystery of being here and enter the quiet immensity of your own presence.

Have joy and peace in the temple of your senses.

Receive encouragement when new frontiers beckon.

Respond to the call of your gift and the courage to follow its path.

Let the flame of anger free you of all falsity.

May warmth of heart keep your presence aflame.

May anxiety never linger about you.

May your outer dignity mirror an inner dignity of soul.

Take time to celebrate the quiet miracles that seek no attention.

Be consoled in the secret symmetry of your soul.

May you experience each day as a sacred gift woven around the heart of wonder.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

that collage is amazing.

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I came in to comment and got totally distracted by your yummy new theme!
I love O'Donohue's words, but I love your collage more - it's gorgeous. There's something ethereal about it.

Les (Endlessly Restless) said...

I love the O'Donohue - I can hear him saying it in my head!

And I love the collage - where do you get the inspiration from?

Kayce aka lucy said...

welcome, square peg, & thank you!

tess--i had a new one up at diamonds too, but it was totally distracting me :-) there was something very 'ethereal' in the process of making it too. i'm still discerning what i have captured.

ER--re: the inspiration...as i mentioned to tess, it is really kind of an otherworldly experience. the theme for this workshop was honoring our ancestors and i just let the images guide me. this is what came out. i know that may sound kind of strange but it is an amazing process.

thanks for asking!

Dianna Woolley said...

The poetry is so beautiful - many more may know of John O'Donohue after his life than during his life - what a loss!

Your collage is terrific. Your collage fragments continue to amaze me - quite lovely.

xoxox

Kayce aka lucy said...

thanks, ss. could you clarify "collage fragments" for me, please? is that a technical term or something that just popped out...just curious... xoxoxo

His Girl Friday said...

Hi Lucy,

I love the poem, and your collage.

Keep up the creatively wonderful good work! :)