I merely took the energy it takes to pout and wrote some blues. --Duke Ellington
This week's creative highlights ☺...
• Explored my new visual journaling book (Visual Chronicles) and had a wonderful trip to the art supply store (a very dangerous place indeed, but oh so fun!!!)
• Did more soul collaging. This week exploring a bit more ‘shadow’ work.
• Sunday, I got creative in the kitchen and made a spaghetti sauce reminiscent of my mother’s from childhood.
• Took pictures around the neighborhood on a glorious clear day.
• Tried out the Enchilada Casserole from The Crockpot Lady. (The family like it and following her tips is a great way to gain more time for other creative projects!)
• Used my professional training a bit and prepared a talk on depression for a group of young mothers.
• Combined soul collage work with visual journaling. Very fun (& therapeutic!)
• Self-care day: trip to chiropractor, led small group, went to a movie by myself (very indulgent) and shopping with my daughter (helping create her ensemble for “Winter Ball”, her first high school dance ☺)
• “Day of the Stars”
• Brunch with my fabulously creative friend, Christine.
• New musical choices: “Say” by John Mayer; “We are all made of stars” by Moby; “Extraordinary” by Liz Phair
• 30 morning pages. (These have kept me rocking for nearly 4 years!!!)
• Lots of time cleaning and creating new spaces in the house while my internet was down ☺.
And last, but certainly not least, sharing lots of wonderful conversations with other bloggers and seeing the amazingly creative things you have to say and do!!!